Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Heartbroken

Another friend announced their pregnancy this morning. I'm rather shocked but mostly heartbroken. She's a really nice person, a fun person to be around and I'm happy for her. I think what I find disturbing is we had just had a conversation 2 months ago about me trying to get pregnant and although she was supportive of my decision she made it clear she never wanted kids, found children annoying etc. Why do people who really don't want children or people who shouldn't have a child become pregnant so easily?

I know in this situation the best thing to do is keep my mouth closed and help her as much as possible. When she was talking about her positive hpt, I could tell she was still freaking out about becoming a single mother. She's never held a baby before, changed a diaper, nada. She's still the typical mid twenties party girl. She will definitely survive, she's a strong person. Just deep down in side I wish it was me (just not under the same circumstances).

I'm still hoping to try my next round of IUI's at the end of November, but it's looking less likely to happen. To raise some funds, I've been picking up hours like crazy and have been selling my books on amazon. I love amazon.

3 comments:

Gille said...

I'm sorry. That really sucks. I really wish it was you too. Soon though. Thinking of you.

Tiara said...

That really sucks...it really does...like Gille, I know it will be you soon though! Take care.

Paige said...

Been there so many times. It's so hard to understand. There must be some reason why we got through what we go through, but I can't figure it out.