Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Been Too Long

I haven't posted in nearly 3 months; it's been way too long between posts.  With all the new changes coming my way, I need to start posting more frequently. 

So what's been going on:  Gavin is nearly 10 mos old now.  I had to lower the crib to it's lowest setting three weeks ago because he could pull himself up and almost over the crib railing (I nearly had a heart attack when I saw him with a leg flung over the rail).  While he has only taken a few steps on his own, he is very good at crawling.  Gavin's like a ninja,  he can crawl from point A to point B quickly and silently.  I joked with my mom that I need to put bells on his shoes so he will not be able to sneak up on me anymore. 


Gavin is such a happy go-lucky kid.  He's pretty easygoing and laughs a lot.  Teething hasn't been all that kind to him.  He got 2 teeth (bottom) when he was 7 1/2 months and he got 4 more (uppers) at 9 months.  It looks like he has two more lower teeth coming in right now, so we are back to a lot of drooled stained shirts.  For the most part, he handles it well, but I can always tell when a new tooth is about to erupt because he hums when he is in pain.

My son is built like a line backer.  He is much bigger than the 14 month old and 18 month old at his daycare.  I thought for sure he would have weighed closer to 28 to 30lbs at his 9 month appt but he only weighed 23lbs and was 28 inches tall.  Surprisingly he is only in the 41 percentile for weight and height.  He has been in size 18month for the last two months and is about to move into some 24 month clothes.  My mom said that both of my brothers were built that way but thinned out by the time they started walking so I'm not really all that concerned. 

Work has been the same crap but with a twist.  My boss is going part-time and will only be available by phone once a week.   We have hired two additional people to be over me and my jerk of a project manager, however, my part-time boss is still going to be in charge of day to day activities.....does that make any sense???   Our department runs like crap with him being here everyday, I can't even conceive of how awful it's going to be once he starts managing by phone.  Thank god the new hires are awesome and will hopefully not put up with my managers crap.  Crossing my fingers.  On the brightside, one of my fellow engineers and I used our smarts to land some awesome projects that brought our company $300k in profit in the last two months.  We are on fire!!  Considering most of our projects barely bring in $10k, this has catapulted us to rockstar status.  Take that jerk project manager!

I have been sending out a lot of resumes and was recently offered a new job closer to family and friends.  Unfortunately, they wanted to pay me less than what I was making now so it just didn't make sense for me to take the position.    So now it is back to sending out more resumes.

In the mean time, I am working to put myself in a good position to try for baby no. 2.  I got into a little financial situation 3 months ago but am now back on track money wise.  I have an appointment with my RE in February to talk about trying again.  I have a feeling he is going to want me to do another HSG and do some blood work prior to my first attempt which means I might be able to do my first cycle in April or May.  Of course if I get a new job by then, the timeline might change.  Either way, I am SO ready to give Gavin a sibling!

3 comments:

Tiara said...

So so glad to have an update from you!! Glad all is well. Good luck with the resumes, I hope the perfect job comes along soon.

Can Gavin be any more precious?!!? Just look at that smile!!!

BB said...

Wow! You have a lot going on!! It's so nice to hear from you. Gavin is just adorable!

Abby said...

what a cutie!

the job offer wasn't willing to negotiate the salary? what a bummer.

congrats on your work success!