Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Great Deals!

I am not a wealthy person, but I am a smart  self-professed super shopper.  Today I visited my local Target to do a price adjustment on some baby food, which I essentially got for a little less than half price due to some awesome coupons (Gerber Organic Pouches) and stumbled upon a great deal that I thought some of my fellow bloggers may benefit from.  They had the large boxes of Huggies Pure and Natural that normally sell for $25-$30 on clearance for $9.74.  That in itself was a great deal but what even made it better was the "$2.50 off 1  pack" coupons I had printed out a couple of weeks ago (I can't find them online anymore). I bought 6 boxes and Gavin should be good on diapers for the next year (I already have a stash of diapers at home) unless he jumps into size 6.   I can't guarantee your local target will have this deal but it is worth a drive over to find out. 

This weekend with the family went really well.  Gavin was surprisingly mellow all day saturday while we hungout in Nashville.  He loved the sound of the music floating out of all the bars on Broadway.  He kept bouncing his little pudgy legs to the music. I thought he would be miserable because of the 95 degree weather but it didn't seem to phase him at all. 

So I finally gave my chicco stroller a workout.  The Chicco Liteway is great quick on the go stroller but I don't think I would ever use it for an all day outing again.  It just doesn't have the storage capacity as my Bumbleride.  I also have to slightly bend over to push the stroller and I am not that tall of girl (5'6").  I also struggled to open and close it and can't imagine trying to get the thing open while holding Gavin.   I'm still glad I have the chicco as a backup stroller but I don't think I would recommend it for a primary stroller.

Since coming back from our weekend trip, Gavin has been really congested and has been coughing a lot.  I don't know if it's allergies or something else.  He's definitely teething right now which is probably making things worse.  He hasn't been fussy, but he has been sleeping some crazy hours.  On Sunday, after my parents left, he slept from 1pm to 6pm, 7pm to 5:30am and 6:30am to 8 am only to proceed to take three more hour long naps the rest of monday and still fell asleep by 6pm on monday night and then slept through the night until 6am.  I love that I'm getting the extra rest but I'm getting a little worried that he is sleeping too much. 

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Great diaper deal!!! I've recently got an in with my Mom's friend who is able to shop at this warehouse place for the charity she works for. She picks me up huggies 162 boxes for TEN DOLLARS!!! I'm so grateful!

Elena gets congested when she's teething...something about the gums swelling affecting her sinuses. but with Gavin sleeping so much, maybe he's fighting a cold, or in a growth spurt...either way, hope he feels better.