Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm surrounded by A-holes

Things at home have been really quiet.  Scary guy hasn't been seen since last week and I am A-ok with that.  I tested out my new pepper spray.  Did you know it can take paint off the walls?  Lol.  Don't ask....

Work has been a whole other battle.  I know I have talked about my co-workers in the past and how they tend to do a lot of illegal crap (making us pray before meetings, discrimination based on gender, etc).  Well I can add another one to the list.  We posted for a new job position in my department and have been flooded with resumes.  While some of the people who have applied do not fill the level of education or experience we need, we have had some stellar applicants that well exceed the necessary qualifications.  On Friday, my boss was on speaker phone with another one of my co-workers and was reading a very quailified applicants resume to him.  This woman's resume was amazing and as I heard what my boss was saying, I kept thinking we need to get this woman in here ASAP for interview.  When my boss finished reading outloud the resume he said "she sounds great, but she is ethnically diversed" ... as in she is African American.  It was like a needle scratching a record.  I could hear everyone stationed around me stop typing immediately.  I slowly stood up and walked over to my neighbor's cubicle at whispered to her "did I hear what I think I just heard".  By the look on her face I could tell she had.  She just shook her head in disgust.  I guess crap like this shouldn't be shocking to me anymore, but it still gets to me. 

Just a few weeks ago, my boss was trying to organize a group outing to support Chick-fila.  I told him I would pass on the offer because I try not to support company's and organizations that are pro-hate.  He told me I should go to support free speech.  Lol.....nice try.  I try not to get involved in all this political crap at work.  I think because I don't vocalize that I disagree with their view point they automatically assume that I agree with them and their ultra-conservative ways. Needless to say, I think I ruffled his feathers with my anti-hate comment.  Gosh, this got me thinking... I hope my company is not sending money to anti-gay groups... Nahhhh we just give money to politicians...

So I had an issue with a project today and needed to find out the exact verbage and proper interpretation of the law that effected the project.  I went to my boss and he had no idea there was even a law in place that would govern this project.  1st big facepalm of the day.  I go to idiot manager and he doesn't know anything about it either. 2nd facepalm of the day.  I call a friend who works in my field for another firm and he helps me with my questions.  To be nice (why do I even try?), I go back to idiot manager and tell him what I've learned so that when this issue comes up again he will A) know that yes... their is a law for this and B) he will know the proper protocol to handle this situation.  His response:  Laws are for lawyers, we don't need to know this. I give up.....

As I have said before, I am really excited to try for baby no. 2.  A wrench may have just been thrown in the wheel however.  My RE just retired and a new mega-IVF facility is taking over his practice. I haven't been able to make an appointment with their financial counselor yet, but it sounds like their charges for IUI's are almost double what I have been paying.  I'm hoping my research is wrong but it is not looking good.   

2 comments:

Ali said...

I can't remember if you needed a bunch of fertility treatments or not, but if not, then check with your OBGYN. I didn't use a RE. My IUI was with the OBGYN...she knocked me up, and delivered my son! :)

Lorelei said...

My OBGYN doesn't perform IUI's and from my initial research, it sounds like there aren't any ob's in my area that perform IUI's. Thanks for the suggestion!