Monday, August 20, 2012

Moving Day

There's a moving truck outside the weird guys townhouse.  Could it be moving day???? 

I spent the weekend putting together a few toys for Gavin.  Like the Laugh and Learn Musical Table :http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3109734 and the Musical Dino: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11694189.  Oh my, what did I get myself into!  We sat and played on the floor for almost three hours.  He just couldn't get enough.  Neither could the dog.  Cooper kept stealing the balls from the musical dino and running away with them.  Gavin's balance is starting to get well enough for him to sit up and lean forward on his hands.  It made me realize it will only be a matter of time before he is truly mobile.  He's already pulling himself up by grabbing on the crib rails but has still not been able to pull into a complete standing position.  He's growing up to fast!!  I decided to finally bite the bullet and lower his crib and take down the mobile which connects to the side of his crib. 

One of the first steps to recover from an addiction is to admit you have a problem....I am addicted to clearance shopping and couponing.  I swear I get a high off of making a killing.  It's a dangerous feeling. Last week I stopped into JCpenneys the day they put all of their summer clothes on clearance.  I figured I could get Gavin all his clothes for next summer.  A lot of the shirts were on sale for $2 and the shorts where on sale for $4 to $5, just to name a few of the great deals.  My stoller has a U-shaped handle bar which I filled with clothes and then piled more over the top of the canopy.  Let's just say I was getting a couple of dirty looks in the store.  In total I purchased 48 items (some of which were full outfits) ranging from size 18mos (which he will be in in a couple of weeks) to 3T.  Using a $10 off coupon which I paired up with a 20% of coupon, I paid $132. BAM!! The only thing I will need to buy next summer is shoes, socks, a swim suit, 2 pairs of pajamas in 2T, and 3 pairs of pajamas in 3T.  I wasn't exactly planning on spending that kind of money this week but I am hoping that it will all pay off next summer when I would probably have to spend two to three times as much to get the same amount of clothing. 

I need to keep this new addiction in check or my apartment will start looking like an episode of hoarders.  The two new toys Gavin got take up a lot of space which we don't really have.  Add that to the clothes he has already outgrown and the ones I just purchased and I am pretty sure I am going to have huge storage issue by the end of next year.  I don't want to get rid of his old clothes until I get pregnant again and find out the gender of the new baby.  I need to find a solution and quick.  Clutter stresses me out!

2 comments:

Tiara said...

Elena loves her ball popper too!

Fingers crossed that crazy neighbour has moved!!

SurlyMama said...

I hope the moving truck means he is gone. You don't need that sort of stress.