Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Something is Still Strange in The Air

Where to begin.... From Sunday the 22nd of July until August 4th, I mostly stayed in doors unless I had to go to work or quickly let the dog out the back door.  Since nothing had happen, I was starting feel like I could let my guard down a bit.  I also noticed that I hadn't seen the boys outside at the park during this time period and the Dad's girlfriend had her car parked in the same stall, with it's windows rolled down for this whole time period.  It was odd and completely unlike the boys to never come out.  I was increasingly getting more and more worried that something happened to the kids.  I had not shared with anyone what I knew about the police situation because A) I didn't want anyone else to get involved B) know how gossipy people could be and was afraid someone would tell the Dad that I am the reason the cop was at their door; so I couldn't really go and start asking around if anyone had seen the kids.  

Finally, on Saturday I was walking outside to quick let the dog out when I saw the boys running towards me.  I played it cool and said hello.  The boys petted the dog for a few minutes but kept looking behind them.  I asked why they were acting so funny and they told me that they were scared that their dad would catch me talking to them. That's when the oldest said that their Dad thought I called the police on them and that if he saw me outside he was going to beat me up, break the windows on my car and slash my tires.  I told them it was a shame their Dad was blaming me for the cops being at their house and that I really thought they were both good kids and that the dog liked when they came over to play with him.  But then I asked if their Dad told them that he would do this all to me if he saw me, why where they talking to me.  The oldest started to tear up and said they were flying back to Cali later that day so they wanted to say goodbye.  Then he told me they snuck out of the house when their dad wasn't looking.  They have been forced to stay in the house for the last two weeks.  I told them how sorry I was to hear that they weren't allowed to play outside.  The youngest then said that his dad wouldn't even let his girlfriend outside.  I got the feeling like this guy is just crazy paranoid and barricaded everyone in the house.  I told the boys that in a couple of hours they will be back by their moms and everything will be ok.  They quick gave my dog and I a  hug goodbye and they ran back in the direction of their house. 

After their conversation, I just kept kicking myself for feeling like I should be doing more.  The next morning, Gavin and I were heading out to my car when I saw their Dad out on their front porch with a cigarrette. I pretended like I didn't see him.  He first flipped me off and then made a gesture with his hands like he was shooting a gun at me.  I kept it together, got Gavin in the car and took off.  My heart was beating a mile a minute.

When I got back later that afternoon, my next door neighbor approached me and asked if I was ok.  I asked her why and she said she saw what the crazy dad was doing when he saw me.  I told her I was ok and just told her that he had been harrassing me for sometime now.  She insisted we go talk to the apartment complex and unlike my last conversation with the apartment complex which resulted in nothing, they are now starting the proceedings to evict him from the premises. The leasing agent said she was going to make a call to CPS since I was to afraid to but will mentioned me when she sits down with them so I can provide them with what I know.  I'm hoping this will help to get my name out of the report. 

I just need to get through the next couple of weeks safely, and we can finally get this wack-job out of the apartment complex.   I can't wait for this all to be over with, I just hope that the boys never have to go back to this idiot. 

On the brightside of staying indoors for so long, Gavin has had more tummy time than normal.  He can roll all over the floor to get to where he wants to go.  He has also started to give me kisses. It's pretty humerous when he does it because he opens his mouth really wide and plants one on me.  Sloppy kisses but oh so adorable.


Tiara said...

I'm so glad you posted as I was worrying about you tho even after this post, I'm still worried for you. I really hope they evict this crazy without incident & you can put it all behind you. Take good care of you & Gavin. You can't be too careful.

Shannon said...

I'm still really worried about you, too. If he's evicted, it could be even worse- you know he'll blame you, and he knows where you live.

I hate to sound alarmist, but can you move? Soon? Do you have a security system?

Please keep updating us so we don't have to worry as much.

Heather said...

I've been checking for updates too! Like everyone else, I'm worried about you and Gavin too. I agree with Shannon--can you move? Or at least a restraining order once he moves out? This situation is beyond scary, especially with a little one in tow. You and Gavin are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you safety and security.

Isis said...

Thank you for updating. I was also really worried for you - still am in fact.
Please continue to update when you have time so we know you and Gavin are alright.

MeAndBaby said...

I'm actually glad to read these comments and know I'm not the only one who is really worried. I like the moving option! Seriously. Be safe and keep us posted.

Abby said...

Oh, how scary! Poor you. This is such an awful situation to be in.

Can you at least stay somewhere else for a little while, until he's evicted, or at least until maybe he cools off towards you? Stay with a friend or family or even a motel? Just to feel safe?