Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 days to go

My life seems to be one endless countdown lately. Blood work was uneventful. I brought in my paper work for the RE to start up an account with my chosen sperm bank. Although he gave me a list of banks that they have used in the past, he said it would be okay to choose another. I think he needs to relay that message to the nurse. The first thing she said when I handed her the paper work was "you know this isn't on our approved list" Yes, I do. She told me it would take weeks for her to get to it. What???? I'm going to call the bank tomorrow to check on its status and to get some long profiles for my top 4. Can't wait to see them.

So I think the anticipation of getting to my CD1 messed me up. I spotted for four days (and I had my blood work done on my 4th day) and hit the mother load of all periods on the 5th day. I'm now on day seven and I do not see an end in sight. Can they still do a HSG if I'm bleeding? Will my blood work results be wrong? gulp...

This process has made me a little homesick. My only true friend here is going to be transferred to another office in Indianapolis. I'm excited for her, but sad for me. There's no one here that I feel I can share my news with. It sucks. I know I'm the perky girl that makes friends easily, but its rare to find one you can trust and know you will be friends for a lifetime.

Her moving has made me think about how I still wish I could leave this boring city. So I applied for a two jobs this week: One in Colorado and another in St. Louis. Gotta say the Colorado one sounds great. Although moving right now doesn't sound like a bright idea, I'm ready for a change. Maybe my change doesn't need to be so dramatic. Maybe I just need a vacation....somewhere tropical, or a little village in Italy. HAHA, I'm such a dreamer.

1 comment:

Hera said...

Colorado is a fantastic place to live if you are looking for something more than what you have. If you are in a city near the mountains there is so much to do and the weather is awesome. Just a little Colorado push from a Colorado gal.
PS - Full disclosure: you don't know what you'll get with a Rocky Mountain spring: there it snowed last night! But we have as many sunny days as San Diego...