Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Waynes World

Do you remember the movie "Wayne's World" (yeah, I'm that old:).  Especially the scene where the Garth and Wayne are playing street hockey and after a car would interrupt their game they would say "Game off", and "Game on" when they could play again.  Yeah thats been me the last few days.

My "Period" stopped completely early Thursday, within hours of my last post.  I got a negative pregnancy test on Friday morning, showing that the meds were out of my system and that, at 13dpiui I am not pregnant.  Friday afternoon I went out for a quick pint of beer with a co-worker and then came home and took Gavin and the dog on a quick little walk.  We had to shorten our walk dramatically because a stray dog was following us and I couldn't tell if he was friendly or viscious.  Why risk it.  Once I got home, I went to take the leash off the dog and immediately got a tingling numbness in my limbs and got so lightheaded and dizzy that I had to sit down.  It took a full two minutes before I felt like I was ok to carry on.  I kept thinking there has to be a reason why I am having all these weird things symptoms this week and there really is only one logical explanation.

Saturday morning I took a HPT and their was a faint pink line.  Yippeee!!!  Yeah not so fast.  Sunday morning = fainter positive HPT.  Sunday around noon, crazy bleeding again which has continued onto today.  This morning I did NOT get a positive HPT.  Blah. 

So what does a girl do when she finds out she is not pregnant?  Go shopping!!  I took a different approach to retail therapy though and purchased an SUV, a Chevy Equinox.  The payments are more than I wanted but it was something that I technically needed.  My clutch was about to go on my Jetta and I just was not in the mood to deal with our shady VW service department.  This was a great solution and I got to say it has made me feel better. 

So I have to say car shopping with a toddler is REALLY hard.  Getting the paperwork taken care of was a nightmare.  The office we working in did not have a door to corral hum. Every five minutes, Gavin would take off, running through the show room, showing fellow customers his dance and gymnastic moves, and high fiving the salesman.  Thankfully, everyone was really nice about it but that little man ran me ragged!  I swear I ran a mile in that show room!  At least I can say he had a lot of fun.  He was smiling from ear to ear while making his momma chase after him:)

Maybe I have asked this before, but I can't remember.  Has anyone else considered starting a webpage to show your gratitude to your child's donor and also to make it easier for other families that have children with your donor to contact you.  I keep thinking of doing the DSR but I really do not want to blow $150 on it and thought this might be a better route.  Any thoughts?



3 comments:

Ali said...

Sorry to hear about the BFN, hopefully next time will be the one.

As for finding donor sibling families, I would suggest looking on FB for your bank and donor. (I'm planning to write a whole post about this very soon.) I have now connecting to nine families this way. It was entirely free and just took some time to hunt for info.

Lorelei said...

That's awesome!! Thank you for the suggestion.

Little One said...

Enjoy your new car. So sorry about your BFN. I could picture Gavin running and showing off. Love it.