Monday, April 4, 2011

Going Forward

Thank you for the comments on my last post. I know that many women take more than 3 IUI's to become pregnant, but I guess it just shattered my illusion that getting pregnant would be the easy part of having a child. Have I ever told you how much I hate statistics? I understand why doctors explain statistics to you but when you fall outside the normal range it can put a lot of presure on you. I have put a lot of pressure on myself, but that's just my MO.

I have been in the dumps the last few day but am slowly finding my way out. Both jobs have kept me incredibly busy over the last weekend, which has really helped to keep my mind off of things. I've decided to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish before I try again. I was kind of amazed at what I came up with. It also made me wonder if this was some sort of sign that I should wait until August to try again. However I know if I keep putting it off I'm going to regret it.

I'm sure I have said this on my blog before but I wanted a dog for years, like 7 or 8 years, before I finally decided to go for it. I spent all that time thinking that I was too busy and it was too much of a responsibility to handle a puppy. Then I got my ditzy blonde labrador, Cooper, and now I wonder why I waited so long. Yes it was challenging to train him not to tear the couch up, or steel socks from the hamper but never overwhelming and always rewarding.

I still have time to think about when my next IUI cycle will be. I'm just going to take my time and not let the pressure to succeed get to me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

We all have bad days and it's ok to let it show. Personally? I think you should go for it! Just do it! You seem like the kind of person that weighs everything carefully before going in but... you're in now. So why stop?

Karen E. Martin said...

I'm out again, too. I know what you mean, I thought I'd have no problem getting pregnant. And then, poof! BFP on cycle 1! And then, poof! Miscarriage 2 days later! That was last June, and here I am, still trying. It's very frustrating. All I have to comfort me is the logic of the statistics that says if I just keep trying, I should succeed (given the fact that all our medical tests have come back with good results).

Hang in there. It sounds like a great idea to back away from the pressure a bit and just breathe. Enjoy that new puppy, and remember to smile every day. :)