Monday, April 18, 2011

Some People Have Balls!

So after going to HR, I learned that the manager who was pushing the religious material last week went on a road trip with the new associate. He brought that book on audio tape and asked if she would mind that he listen to it on the trip. She said it was okay and so they listen to it for the 3hour drive. I think that takes balls! He felt that since he asked it was okay. He sooo does not get the fact that he is in a position of authority and it is highly unlikely that a new associate would say no to their new boss without the fear of being fired. I know I wouldn't and can't say no to my boss, and I've worked here for quite some time now.

HR said that they talked to the pushy manager and he is no longer allowed to bring any religious material to work. HR also said that upper management was talked to and they are now no longer allowed to initiate prayer at work sanctioned events. I'm crossing my fingers that no one realizes that I am the one who brought this up or I am sure there will be hell to pay.

So I've been on the BCP's since Sunday the 3rd but I have been having a lot of break through bleeding since the 14th. I was thinking about just going off the BCPs and just let my body do it's own thing. I'm terrified that by playing around with my cycle I'm just going to ruin my chances for the next cycle. Please let next cycle work!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You were so brave! And you definitely did the right thing. You're right that it's hard to say no to upper management and that's why HR was created.

I hope that they adhere to the new (old but recently reinforced?) policies and grow from it. It's hard for people in positions of authority to see that they don't always know what's best. I wonder how much quality talent has left because of the religious pushiness?

Fingers crossed for your next cycle! You need the sunshine after this storm.

Shannon said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you were able to make a difference!

I'd stay on the BCPs if I were you - though I hate that icky breakthrough bleeding. Such a pain.

Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for your next cycle!

Billy said...

Happy you talked to the HR!

And crossing my fingers too!

Kristina said...

Way to go, good for you! I'm sure you have saved people from a lot of grief. I'm sorry about your Dad and am sending good thoughts.
I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Come check out my blog and see what it's about if you would like! :-)