Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Baby Shower

My baby shower was held on Saturday at my sister's house. It was alot of fun and I was really surprised by the turnout, considering that we had to hold it on a holiday weekend. Although I got very few items that were on my registry, I got a ton of clothes and toys! I don't think I will have to buy baby clothes until he is at least 9 months old.

I said I didn't want a overly traditional shower and my sister did a really good job setting it all up. There were a few games and the food was great. The best part was seeing people who I hadn't seen in ages.

I don't know why I get so weirded out by this, but I'm not use to having all eyes on me during a party. While I was opening my presents, I couldn't stop shaking. I also got a good sense of what it's like to be stalked by the paparrazi. There were flashing camera lights all over the place. I don't think I ever want to be famous.

I now officially have everything I need for baby, with three months to spare. It's such a great feeling.

Next doctors appointment is on Friday. Let's see what fun is instore for me.

3 comments:

Little One said...

I love watching your countdown on your blog. Every time I log in it's closer and closer to baby date. It's so exciting! Just enjoy the homestretch!

Tiara said...

Sounds like a great shower! I'm with you & not liking all eyes on me. I was watching the video from my shower & you can tell how uncomfortable I was & not just cause I was 8 months pregnant!

It's so good you're all set up for clothes...it takes a load off to not have to think about buying any in those 1st 3 months.

Jem said...

I think IF does this to us. We've been hiding this terrible secret and now that people are treating us like normal pregnant women, it makes us very self-conscious, like everyone in the room was at our egg retrieval or something.

That said, I'm glad your shower went well.