Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Since My Last Post...

Gavin was so sick for a week, it made me realize how important it is for me to move closer to family.  Within a day after my last post, Gavin's fever shot up to 105 again causing him to have a seizure.  Words cannot even explain how terrifying it was but thankfully his condition improved within a few days and he is now back to his normal self. 

Well, I shouldn't say "normal", because it seems like he has hit the terrible two's stage a little earlier than expected.  He is really testing his boundaries lately so I had to give him his first time out.  I figured I would take a tip from Supernanny and try to get him to stay on the first step of our staircase for a 30 second time out after he continually tried to open the oven door while I was baking.  Oh the tears, screaming and kicking. After a few times of me bringing him back to the step, he calmed down and, much to my surprise, has not touched the oven since. 

A week after Gavin started feeling better, we decided to attend a local event for mothers and mothers-to-be.  Since I was all over the place with my decision to have another little one, I thought it would be a great event to attend to help me make up my mind.  Of course how could I say no after being surrounded by newborns and pregnant ladies.  I left the event with a great ol' bag of goodies including a bag of newborn diapers.  I forgot how small those little diapers are!  They are just so cute!! 

I want to tell you that from that moment out I had definitely made up my mind but I still didn't feel 100% about my decision.  If I had endless access to money, I wouldn't hesitate.  But of course I am not a wealthy person; however, I am a resourceful and determined person.  So I have made a promise to myself to start babysitting more often on the weekends so I can pay off my car earlier.  Once my car is paid off,  I will have more than enough to have another child and still have a large enough monthly financial cushion that I can feel good about.  Having a plan has helped me to feel a little more confident about going forward with TTC #2.  With that said, I am now CD 2 and am going in for my day 3 lab and ultrasound tomorrow.  All those familiar feelings that go along with starting a cycle have come flooding back.  I can't believe I'm doing this, but so exited to know that, if I'm lucky, I might be staring at a positive pregnancy test in just 30 days!

2 comments:

Little One said...

So excited for you with your decision. Glad Gavin is feeling better. Hope the terrible twos pass quickly.

Tiara said...

Just reading how sick Gavin was & his seizure puts knots in my stomach...I can only imagine how frightened you were!!

Good luck with CD3 labs...hope they look great!